Friday, April 6, 2007

Conversation Algorithm

So as I've just started a new job I've been meeting a lot of new people. These are all people with whom any conversation is basically just to fill the time. As a result of this I feel like I'm having the same chat.... over and over and over.

Here is pretty much how it works:

Person me = Humans.GetMe();
Person them = Humans.GetCoWorker(Person.ID);

if(currentWeather.Degrees < convo = "Boy the weather is brutal today"> 70 && currentWeather.Sun == Weather.Sun.Shining)
{
convo = "Boy it is nice out";
}
else
{
convo = "silence";
}

if(them.Children.Count > 0)
{
convo += "How old are you children";
convo += "oh... my son is 4";
if(them.Children.YoungestAge < 5)
{
convo += "My son is about to start Preschool";
foreach(child kid in them.Children)
{
if(kids.IsInPreschool)
{
ProcessPreschoolConvo(me.Child, kid);
}
}
}
else
{
convo += "silence";
}

No comments: