Monday, January 14, 2008

A straight right from Lowe's followed by an uppercut from Target

So for the past month or so I've been spending my free time getting the house prepared for baby number 2. Given that babies bring a lot of crap into your house and our house was already at its capacity for crap this has meant a room by room reorg. Anything we didn't want to need is being eliminated. I thought that I'd be finishing all this Sunday. I was wrong.

The last thing for the babies room was the wall hangings. I'd gotten a couple of shelves to hang on the wall from Lowes. I installed the first one no problem... then I open the second one and it is missing hardware. Annoying. I go back to Lowe to return it and that item is now on back order. Annoying. The woman even had the gall to ask if I knew were the Stillwater store was to go get the new shelf there. The idea of spending 6 bucks on gas and over an hour of my day so I can get a $13 shelf THAT I ALREADY BOUGHT is infuriating.

I get back home and I figure I'll assemble the high chair. I take the pieces out of the box to find out the wood is cracked. I take it back to the store to find out that it is now out of stock. Annoying.

It was annoying enough to drive around buying the shelves and high chair the first time. Now I've made a 2nd trip(for each item) and still don't have the tasks completed.

The baby is due Feb. 13th. It is a boy. I refuse to finalize the name until I see it to annoy the misses. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: